Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My own recipe - and my first gluten-free creation. I love them! You might want to add more sugar - I don't like things too sweet. I also use more spices.
- combine dry ingredients; mix in with wet ingredients.
- wrap loosely in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for about 3 hours.
- grease cookie sheet, and on a lightly floured surface, roll dough (easier done in sections) to desired thickness.
- if you like then crunchier, then roll them thinner, and if you like them doughier, then thicker.
- cut into desired shapes.
- bake at 375F until starting to brown.
- (takes about 10 minutes for thicker cookies).
- decorated with Skittles, raisins, and icing.
- Icing: icing sugar + softened spread + dash of soy milk.
Awesome- loved, loved, loved them. Will make them again!
This was really great! I took these to a family brunch and a bunch of my relatives didn't even realize they were gluten free. I altered the recipe a little though: When I finished making the dough, it tasted a little bitter, so I added about a half cup of apple sauce and enough rice flour to make the dough unsticky or just more like sugar cookie dough. Also, for the frosting, I mixed milk, powdered sugar, milk powder, and maple flavoring. I added some food coloring, and decorated the men with chocolate chips...it turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!