Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent fresh ginger dressing,good with any Asian dishes. Originally from an August 1980 Bon Apetit R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor. The recipe was requested from the Samurai Japanese Steak House in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Puree onion,carrot,celery and ginger in blender or food processor.
- Add oil, soy sauce,vinegar,lemon juice,and tomato paste and blend well.
- Season to taste with salt,pepper and hot sauce.
Great Recipe! My husband usually goes through a bottle of store bought ginger dressing a week. I have started making this for him and he says it's better than the store bought brand, and at 1/3 the cost!