Recipe by southerncook
A great tasting broiled fish recipe that is also light and easy. This would work well with many different types of fish.
Top Review by KatieGT
Very tasty and easy! Instead of reducing the sauce I thickened it by adding 1/4 tsp of corn starch mixed with 1/4 tsp of water; this made plenty of sauce for four pieces of swordfish. Served it over rice and with asparagus on the side; next time I might include sliced tomatoes or red peppers for some color. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons bottled fresh ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons instant minced garlic
- 4 (6 ounce) swordfish steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Dip each steak into lime mixture to coat.
- Place fish on a broiling pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- While fish cooks, place lime juice mixture over medium heat; cook until reduced by half (about 8 minutes).
- Serve sauce with fish.