Soy Ginger Swordfish With Avocado Butter
photo by Liza K.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce (low sodium preferred)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon peel, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup avocado oil or 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 swordfish steaks, med. to large in size
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine all fish ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Add swordfish steaks. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours, turning and massaging a few times.
- To cook, place fish on a preheated broiler pan brushed with oil. Broil 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- You may also barbecue this. If you do brush it with the marinade often.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat butter and avocado with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Place in a decorative dish and refrigerate until firm and ready to use. A melon baller works great to scoop out balls to place on the hot fish.
- Place your hot fish on a dish. Top with avocado butter. Garnish with fresh chives and a lemon wedge.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!