Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
By request. A downunder favourite. Number of servings is a guess.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or 1 tablespoon cane syrup
- 2 small eggs
- 8 ounces flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon crystallized cherries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Cream the butter, sugar and golden syrup.
- Beat the eggs until thick and mix in alternately with the dry ingredients.
- Bake in small spoonfuls on baking paper covered trays for 10-12 minutes at 400 F.
- Make up the Highlander filling by softening the butter and adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Put together the kisses using the Highlander filling.