Coriander Drop Cookies
I love what a hint of coriander does for basic vanilla drop cookies. Number of servings (i.e., number of cookies) is an estimate, depending on the size of the teaspoonfuls of batter you use. Cooking time assumes you bake it in two batches.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- Cream the shortening, gradually add in the sugar and beat until light.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until blended.
- Sifted together the flour through coriander.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the shortening-egg mixture and mix well.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet or sheets.
- Bake at 400° about 10 minutes until done.