Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From "Everyday Food" No. 28 (Dec. 2005).
- 1 lb peach, frozen and unthawed
- 2 red onions, halved and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, grated and fresh
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts (bone-in, skin-on)
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Place frozen peaches and onion slices on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with ginger, soy sauce, one tablespoon of olive oil, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes, and toss to coat.
- Rub chicken breasts with remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange chicken skin-side up among peaches and onions.
- Roast until chicken is opaque throughout and registers 160 on a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, couscous, or bulgur.
Hello KLHquilts, what a lovely presentation! We usually save the bone-in recipes when there is some sort of function and last week, that is what we had! I followed the directions almost perfectly with the exception of adding garlic and red pepper flakes(they weren't listed in the ingredients). We served it with a mushroom rice pilaf and some nice fresh peas! Thank you for a delicious meal, Diane :)