Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A low fat recipe based on a recipe from Womens Weekly.
- 340 g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 egg white
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 35 g plain flour
- 2 medium red capsicums (400g)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped finely (150g)
- 4 birds eye chiles, chopped finely
- 1 (415 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Blend or process chicken until finely chopped.
- Add rind, ginger, cumin, egg white and onion and process until the mixture forms a paste.
- Using hands, shape mixture into 8 patties and toss in flour, shake away any excess flour.
- Heat a large oiled non stick pan and cook the patties about 2 minutes on each side until browned.
- Place the patties on an oven tray and bake uncovered in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes until cooked.
- Chilli sauce: Quarter capsicums and remove and discard the seeds and membranes.
- Roast under a grill skin side up, until skin blisters and blackens.
- Cover capsicum pieces in plastic for 5 mins, peel away skin, and chop pieces finely.
- Heat oiled small pan and cook onion and chilli for about 2 minutes, stirring all the time, onion should be soft.
- Stir in tomato and sugar, simmer uncovered for 5 mins then stir in the capsicum.