Recipe by JackieOhNo!
From "A Knockout Kabob Party", Good Food Magazine, September 1986. Prep times does not include 2 hours chilling time. This cheesecake can be made up to 1 day in advance; cover lightly with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
- 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup minced stem ginger in syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crumbs and butter in small bowl with fingers. Reserve 1/4 cup crumb mixture for topping; press remaining mixture on bottom and 1/4-inch up side of 10-inch springform pan; refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add 2/3 cup sugar, the eggs, ground ginger, cinnamon, and cloves; beat until smooth and well blended. Stir in stem ginger and vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake cheesecake until set, about 30 minutes. Remove to wire rack; let cool 20 minutes. Keep oven on.
- Mix sour cream and remaining 2 T. sugar in small bowl; spread evenly over cake. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top of cake. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours. Let warm at room temperaqture 20 minutes before serving. Remove side of pan. Cut cake into wedges and serve.