Recipe by Suse40
This easy recipe makes two plate-sized rolls that are absolutely delicious! Make one for your family and one to give away. Kids can help with this too. I clipped this recipe from a magazine years ago, and I have never seen it published since.
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, (1 lb each), thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, rconfectioner's
- 6 teaspoons milk (or cream)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow bowl, combine white and brown sugars and cinnamon; set aside.
- Melt butter into another shallow dish.
- With lightly floured hands, separate each loaf into 4 pieces.
- Roll each piece into an 18-inch long rope.
- Dip rope into butter, then roll in sugar mixture. Reserve any sugar that is not used.
- Coil one rope in center of a greased 12-inch pizza pan. Add three more ropes, pinching ends together to fill one pan.
- Repeat with remaining loaf on another pan.
- Cover each with clean towel and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Repair any parts of the coil that have come apart. Sprinkle liberally with pecans and any cinnamon-sugar mix that is left. Drizzle any leftover butter on rolls, too.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Drizzle frosting on warm rolls.