Judy from Hawaii's Note:
Making gravy in the microwave is so much easier than on the stovetop. After doing it this way, I will never go back. This recipe came from the cookbook that came with my first microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pierce membranes of giblets and place in a 1 quart casserole with water, onions,& celery.
- 2Cover& microwave on medium (50%) for 45-50 minutes or until giblets are tender.
- 3Reserve liquid.
- 4Chop giblets and set aside.
- 5Pour drippings from roasted turkey into a 4 cup microwave safe measure and microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, or till hot.
- 6Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- 7Gradually, blend in reserved giblet broth and cover.
- 8Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent lumps.
- 9Add chopped giblets and microwave on high (100%) for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giblet Gravy (microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 33.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 370.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: