Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
Making gravy in the microwave is so much easier than on the stovetop. After doing it this way, I will never go back. This recipe came from the cookbook that came with my first microwave.
- turkey giblets
- 2 cups water or 2 cups broth or 2 cups milk (I use water)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup turkey drippings
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pierce membranes of giblets and place in a 1 quart casserole with water, onions,& celery.
- Cover& microwave on medium (50%) for 45-50 minutes or until giblets are tender.
- Reserve liquid.
- Chop giblets and set aside.
- Pour drippings from roasted turkey into a 4 cup microwave safe measure and microwave on high (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes, or till hot.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Gradually, blend in reserved giblet broth and cover.
- Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent lumps.
- Add chopped giblets and microwave on high (100%) for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.