1/1 Photo of Ghost Pepper and Bacon Deviled Eggs
I looked over several deviled egg recipes to get the idea of what ingredients and ratios are typical, then worked on a conglomeration of my own.
My Private Note
egg hal ...
Units: US | Metric
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 pieces bacon (fried until crispy, then minced finely)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ghost chile (powdered)
- 2 teaspoons pickle juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dill relish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground habanero chile pepper or paprika
- 1Remove egg yolks.
- 2Add mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, salt, white pepper, ghost pepper, dill relish, bacon, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 3Stir until well blended.
- 4Fill egg halves with mixture.
- 5Dust with ground habanero for a little extra kick, or paprika can be used for mellower palates.
- 6Refrigerate at least an hour to allow flavors to blend.
- 7(After enjoying, I found that I would have preferred a full teaspoon of ghost pepper in the eggs but my wife said if they were much hotter she would be unable to eat them. You can always substitute different peppers for taste, but I was quite satisfied with the powdered pepper as opposed to ground.).
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ghost Pepper and Bacon Deviled Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.7
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 380.8 mg
- Sodium 433.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried ghost chilies