Recipe by Gloria 15x
I've tried many. Some are good. Some are boring. Some are too hot! This one is great and not too hot. Add extra cayenne if you want it hot. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. I add beans (personal preference). I usually double it and freeze it for more good meals on the run.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lean ground chuck
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 12 ounces beer
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons instant beef flavoring or 6 bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon louisiana hot sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, brown half the meat; pour off fat. Remove meat.
- Brown remaining meat; pour off all fat except 2 tablespoons.
- Add onion, garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Add meat and remaining ingredients except flour, cornmeal and warm water. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer covered for 2 hours or the longer the better.
- Stir together flour and cornmeal; add warm water. Mix well. Stir into chili mixture.
- Cook covered 20 minutes longer.