Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Vera Gewanter, "A Passion for Vegetables".
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus, cut to 1-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 small cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 kohlrabi, peeled & sliced
- salt & pepper
- cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat margarine and saute the asparagus, peas, carrots, cauliflower and kohlrabi for 5 minutes stirring to ensure all are coated.
- Add a little water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender but still chewy.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water and add to vegetables stirring until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with parsley.