Recipe by ElaineAnn
One big Rouladen and much less work involved.
Top Review by Charlotte J
It is in the oven, can't wait to try a bite. I used Dusseldorf Style Mustard from Germany in making this. Step 6 was a little confusing, if you turn the bacon into itself how are you to get a tight roll? I would have thought, a person turn the uneven edges in, then use the bacon on the ends to help roll it tight. I needed a few toothpicks to help hold the roll together. I enjoyed the mustard and pickles together in this recipe. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 lbs round steaks (tenderized)
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup dill pickle slices, drained
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Bacon goes under steak, one slice under each end and one under center, straight up and down.
- Lay steak lengthwise on top of bacon.
- Salt and pepper lightly.
- Spread mustard over entire surface of steak.
- Sprinkle chopped pickles and onion over entire steak.
- Fold bacon in at edges and then roll tightly jelly roll fashion, seam side down. Place in ungreased baking dish (if too long, cut in half).
- Bake at 400° until bacon and meat start to brown.
- Mix gravy in warm tap water and mix with meat juices that have formed.
- Bake at 325° to 350° until tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Can be covered with foil and basted with the gravy every now and then for more tenderness.
- Slice and serve with rice or potatoes.