1/1 Photo of German Chocolate Icing
Jo McClanahan's Note:
This is a recipe from my mom and the cake has always been a real hit when I make it. I do double this when I make it as I like a lot of icing on my cake.
My Private Note
Nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter in a sauce pan and let it melt.
- 2Add milk, sugar, vanilla and whisk in egg yolks.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture starts to bubble and then cook for about nine (9) minutes stirring constantly.
- 4Pour over coconut and pecans and mix.
- 5I usually put the nuts and coconut in a metal bowl and then poor the hot mixture over them to help with cooling.
- 6If you are in a hurry, put the mixture in the refrigerator stirring occasionally until it is cool and thick enough to ice your cake.
- 7I find that box cakes are just fine for this.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Icing
Serving Size: 1 (853 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3682.0
- Calories from Fat 2557
- Total Fat 284.2 g
- Saturated Fat 154.1 g
- Cholesterol 815.1 mg
- Sodium 1149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 272.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.3 g
- Sugars 214.1 g
- Protein 44.2 g