Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This was in a magazine that I received in the mail from King Arthur Flour.
Make and share this German Chocolate Cake Topping - King Arthur Flour recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Clear Jel, instant, available through King Arthur Flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon butter pecan flavoring (or pralines & cream flavoring) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut, shredded (sweetened or unsweetened, toasted)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped, toasted
- Whisk together the brown sugar, Clear jel and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan; stir in the milk or haft & half, sugar mixture and corn syrup. Bring to a simmer and cook gently, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, flavor, coconut and pecans. Spread on cooled cake.