This was in a magazine that I received in the mail from King Arthur Flour.
My Private Note
batch o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Clear Jel, instant, available through King Arthur Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon butter pecan flavoring (or pralines & cream flavoring) (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut, shredded (sweetened or unsweetened, toasted)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped, toasted
- 1Whisk together the brown sugar, Clear jel and salt until thoroughly combined.
- 2Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan; stir in the milk or haft & half, sugar mixture and corn syrup. Bring to a simmer and cook gently, stirring constantly, until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture thickens slightly.
- 3Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, flavor, coconut and pecans. Spread on cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cake Topping - King Arthur Flour
Serving Size: 1 (740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3502.3
- Calories from Fat 2340
- Total Fat 260.0 g
- Saturated Fat 120.9 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 797.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 306.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 36.4 g
- Sugars 240.0 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: