1/3 Photos of German Apple Walnut Bundt Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Posted for ZWT6 German Region. I found this on a Authentic German Foods recipe site. I did find it interesting to learn that the word "Bundt" comes from the German word "Bund" which literally means "gathering of people". Isn't that sweet?? This is a versatile recipe in that it is good for a breakfast treat, pack in a lunch, take on a picnic or serve as a dessert after dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a Bundt pan and set aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine the diced apples, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoons cinnamon; set aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, apple juice, vanilla, and eggs. Beat at high speed until smooth. Stir in flour mixture. Fold in chopped walnuts and apple mixture.
- 4Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until cake is firm, well browned, and begins to pull away from pan edges. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- 5Good sprinkled with confectioners' sugar before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Apple Walnut Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.8
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 109.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 5.0 g