Recipe by Chef Sunshine
A delicious cold soup just in time for Cinco De Mayo and summer! Can be garnished with a dollop of sour cream or a dash of hot pepper sauce.
- 10 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cucumbers, sliced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 ounce sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the tomatoes in a pot of boiling water for about 15 seconds, or until the skins just begin to peel.
- Immediately remove them from the hot water and plunge them in ice water to stop them from cooking.
- Peel, core and dice the tomatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the oil and vinegar and whisk together well.
- Pour in the tomato juice, garlic, salt and ground black pepper and whisk well again.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and almonds and combine all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.