- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, peeled and seeded (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the onion, parsley, and garlic in a food processor and finely chop, using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the food processor bowl between pulses. Add the tomatoes and process until finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, and cucumber. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed before serving. Serve cold.