Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dip is so delicious! Serve with homemade corn tortilla chips (as suggested) or use pita chips, store bought chips, or baguette. From Cooking Light
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated asiago cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) container light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs (such as Alouette Light)
- 22 (6 inch) corn tortillas, each cut into 8 wedges
- cooking spray
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare chips, arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly coat wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with salt (be generous).
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until wedges are crisp and lightly browned. I flip them about halfway through.
- Sprinkle with salt again to taste after done.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° (or just start here if you're not making chips).
- To prepare dip, combine mozzarella, 1/4 cup Asiago, sour cream, and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Spoon spinach mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Asiago.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned. Serve warm with chips.
Delicious is the perfect description for this dip! After spending 3 hours on the road today, I was craving something warm, cheesy and comforting for dinner. This fit the bill perfectly. I ate it with pita chips and loved every bite! Thanks for sharing another great recipe, vitalev. **Made for Spring PAC 2008**