Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Way better than buffalo wings, and lower in fat! Sooo quick and easy, too! Shrimp are sauteed right in the buffalo sauce for optimum flavor, rather than deep fried. Adjust hot sauce amounts to suit your taste, and a dash or so of your favorite BBQ sauce added will mellow it if you'd like it milder. Below is a medium spicy recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (recommended Frank's or Texas Pete)
- 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce (optional)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Saute garlic in olive oil and butter over medium heat until translucent, being careful not to brown it, about 2 minutes.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper, then hot sauce, and cook until garlic is softened, about a minute or two more. Again, do not brown it or it will become bitter!
- Taste and adjust seasonings. Add BBQ sauce if desired, or more hot sauce if you'd like it spicier. More butter can be added if desired, to make it milder as well.
- Add shrimp and saute until done. (Pink and slightly curled).
- Remove from heat, toss with parsley.
Yum, yum, yum. Hit the spot! I love buffalo style anything, but have to limit my fried food intake so this was perfect for me. And the fact that it was shrimp made it all the better...I didn't even miss the fried chicken wing. I may try it on boneless chicken tenders sometime. The sauce was pretty much the same consistency as most buffalo wing sauces (trust me, I used to live and die by the wing) but I think the reason a couple reviewers found it not to be thick enough is that there is no fried breading or flour around the shrimp to cling to. By all means this would be great on traditional fried shrimp or chicken as well, as it's the garlicky goodness that makes this so tasty. There is definitely no sacrificing of flavor here!
I had this on top of a plate of brown rice with ranch dressing mixed in. I didn't put the bbq sauce, but i followed this recipe exactly besides that. This is an amazing dinner and keeps you full fast. I love the way this tastes.
Very yummy! I didn't use bbq sauce though. My only complaint is the sauce wasn't thick enough.