Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Leanne Ely (http://www.SavingDinner.com) posted to FlyLady Food for Thought.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄4 medium head of cabbage, chopped
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium.
- Sauté onions, carrots, celery and cabbage for about 5 minutes, stirring well.
- Raise heat to high and add broth, tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and add garlic and salt and pepper to taste.