Garlic Vegetable Pasta Soup
A wholesome soup bursting with garlic flavour and goodness. From a small town newspaper many, many years ago, where I used to live,and love, and cook. I still make the soup, though I no longer live and love there. An incredibly resourceful recipe, adaptable, adjustable to just about anything that might be in the fridge that you want to use up. I use the food processor to do the fine work on the garlic, onions, carrots, cabbage. Use the pasta or grain (like rice) of your choice.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 7 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced thinly
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large soup pot heat the olive oil and water.
- Add the garlic and onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the 7 cups water, bouillion, and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes and add cabbage, broccoli, tomato sauce, pasta shells, and seasonings.
- Bring to another boil, stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.