Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the local paper. Sounds yummy!
Make and share this Garlic Thyme Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups garlic, whole peeled cloves
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Spread garlic cloves evenly in shallow baking pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake 15-20 minutes or until cloves are golden.
- Seperate the garlic from the olive oil while still warm.
- Reserve both and cool.
- After garlic cloves have cooled somewhat, place in blender or food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the reserved olive oil.
- Puree to a smooth paste.
- In a stock pot over high heat, boil the cream for about 10 minutes until it is reduced by 1/4 (you should have about 2 1/4 cups cream left).
- Add vegetable stock, garlic paste and thyme.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.