Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another recipe from the Kraft Foods Tapas Party (yes, I am getting ready for ZWT III and all the recipes sounded good and EASY!). Name brands are removed to protect those of us who don't want to buy their stuff! :) Also modified because KF put too many of the instructions for their recipe in the ingredient list. So mine LOOKS more complicated, but it's not. Cook time includes refrigeration.
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or some other spicy coarse mustard)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground, of course!)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Boil these until done (still holding together but easily pierced by a knife point), drain, and then cool.
- Mix together mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, thyme, and pepper in a large bowl. (Or whiz them all up in a food processor or mini chopper. Less chopping that way.).
- Stir in potatoes and onions. Mix lightly.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
Very tasty rendition of a familiar potato salad BUT with a bit of a kicky bite! We enjoyed these luke-warm and wondered how they'd be toasty hot and with some cheese on top? Hmm... I used an Amber Beer Mustard (as that was all the "spicy coarse 'stard I had on hand); DD didn't care for the little mustard seeds at all; however DH and I did. Served this with Recipe #371362 and Recipe #370954 for *ZWT 5 Tex Mex with the Groovy GastroGnomes*....we're on our way to the next hip destination!
Really good - I used fresh chives & green onion, fresh garlic and fresh thyme. Added some lite sour cream instead of only mayo which made it awesome (mayo flavor didn't overwhelm the fresh herbs).
These potatoes made a nice addition to our dinner in Spain/Portugal for ZWT 5 last night. Many thanks from the Genies of Gourmet! (-: