Shredded Turkey and Potato Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 lb turkey breast tenderloin
- 6 cups chicken broth or 6 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Corona beer (you can use broth or water)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 green pepper (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 1⁄2 cups hash browns (I shredded red potatoes)
- 5 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 3 cups enchilada sauce (I always use Smooth Enchilada Sauce)
- 4 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Cook turkey and broth in crock pot on high for 2-3 hours.
- Drain turkey breast and shred turkey using two forks.
- Return turkey to crock pot.
- Add beer, green pepper, garlic, chilies, tomatoes, taco seasoning.
- Cook on low for 1 hour.
- Add shredded potatoes. Cook on low for another thirty minutes.
- Fill tortillas with turkey mixture and cheese in 9X 13 pan. Placing enchiladas seam side down.
- Top with enchilada sauce.
- Cook for ten minutes at 350.
- Top with cheese and bake another ten minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a high school teacher in Omaha, Nebraska. My love for cooking started at a young age when I used to bake goodies for my father and his coworkers. When I got out on my own, I starting cooking for friends (especially my single male friends who were living on frozen pizza). <br /><br />For years now, my friends and family wait all year for my Christmas bake-a-thon. I spend two days every year making a plethora of cookies, bars, and snack mixes to give as gifts. <br /><br />I love to cook because food is the one thing that brings all people together (everyone has to eat sometime!) My husband to be teases me because sometimes he does not even get through his first bite before I am asking him if he likes it.</p>