Crock Pot Shredded Turkey
photo by QueenBee49444
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 5mins
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 10 lbs frozen whole turkey breast, thawed
- Pour beer into a large crock pot.
- Add butter and onion soup mix. Stir to incorporate soup mix into the beer.
- Place turkey breast into crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or overnight.
- After cooked, separate meat from the bone and discard bone. (Do not discard liquid!).
- Using two forks, shred the meat.
- Serve warm on sandwich rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OMGosh... Made this for a Thanksgiving pitch-in for work. This was soooo easy and from what I can tell this morning it taste AMAZING...No beer smell and fall off the bone tasty...the butter and onion soup mix is the perfect combo...I WILL do this again...I didn't shred the meat so it's in big chunks for lunch...You know I can't wait!!!!
This is a really great way to cook turkey! I did use a pre-seasoned boneless breast, so I used the beer (hefeweizen) and butter, but skipped the onion soup mix so it wouldn't be too salty. The turkey is really moist and flavorful. I look forward to trying the full recipe with regular turkey breast. Thanks for posting, I will make this again!
My initial reaction when I first removed the crock-pot cover was an intense odor of beer. My first taste test proved the meat was too salty. I added a couple of cut up potatoes to the crock-pot to absorb the salt and left the cover ajar for the final hour of cooking. The final result was tasty shredded turkey sandwiches that were very simple to prepare. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC, Spring 2009
dee-lish, kids loved it ... didn't chg a thing...put turkey frozen in crock pot on high, placed a clean kitchen towel over it then the lid on top (turkey was taller than my crock) ... started cooking at 8 a.m. by 7 p.m. waalaa .... oh yes p.s. the gravy/giblet bag came out easy half way thru I pierced it with fork and allowed liquid to drain into contents....<br/><br/>my girls kindergarten & 3 rd grade asked for sandwiches for 2 days<br/><br/>definate keeper...thanks for sharing SweetJ
see 5 more reviews