Recipe by CraftScout
Another recipe from the Kraft Foods Tapas Party (yes, I am getting ready for ZWT III and all the recipes sounded good and EASY!). Name brands are removed to protect those of us who don't want to buy their stuff! :) Also modified because KF put too many of the instructions for their recipe in the ingredient list. So mine LOOKS more complicated, but it's not. Cook time includes refrigeration.
Top Review by Debber
Very tasty rendition of a familiar potato salad BUT with a bit of a kicky bite! We enjoyed these luke-warm and wondered how they'd be toasty hot and with some cheese on top? Hmm... I used an Amber Beer Mustard (as that was all the "spicy coarse 'stard I had on hand); DD didn't care for the little mustard seeds at all; however DH and I did. Served this with Recipe #371362 and Recipe #370954 for *ZWT 5 Tex Mex with the Groovy GastroGnomes*....we're on our way to the next hip destination!
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or some other spicy coarse mustard)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground, of course!)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1 inch cubes. Boil these until done (still holding together but easily pierced by a knife point), drain, and then cool.
- Mix together mustard, mayonnaise, garlic, thyme, and pepper in a large bowl. (Or whiz them all up in a food processor or mini chopper. Less chopping that way.).
- Stir in potatoes and onions. Mix lightly.
- Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.