1/2 Photos of Garlic Spaghetti With Pan-Fried Vegetables
~Deux Petits Chefs!'s Note:
A delicious, garlicky vegetarian spaghetti loaded with delicious pan-fried vegetables in extra-virgin olive oil. If you want a lighter, more wholesome meal, omit the potatoes and add chopped spinach.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups spaghetti (1 cup = 1 serving)
- 1 medium potato, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, halved and chopped
- 450 g tomato puree
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch parsley flakes
- 1 pinch oregano flakes
- 3 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1Cook the spaghetti in water and some salt, until al dente. Set aside.
- 2In a large shallow pan, add extra virgin oil oil. When pan becomes hot, throw in onions and fry till soft.
- 3When onions are soft, add in potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on shallow pan for about 10 minutes until potatoes are soft, but not completely cooked.
- 4Add in celery and carrots, followed by rosemary, parsley and oregano flakes. Another pinch of pepper. Stir-fry on low to medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- 5Add a spruce of white wine for flare. (Optional).
- 6Once potatoes are browned and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, add in tomato puree.
- 7Stir-fry for a further 10 min or until sauce is thick enough for your liking.
- 8On individual serving plates, place spaghetti on plate. Use a fork and whirl spaghetti until it looks pleasantly stacked and visually appealing. Top with spaghetti sauce.
- 9Season & Garnish with parsley flakes and oregano flakes. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Spaghetti With Pan-Fried Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2066.5
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 135.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 350.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.0 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 59.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper