Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful creamy garlic soup topped with parmesan and chopped tomatoes.
- 2 whole garlic heads, separated but not peeled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 chopped tomato (1 cup)
- salt and pepper
- In skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in oil over medium low heat until onion is brown and garlic is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cool garlic and squeeze out of shells.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in chicken broth for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in Basil.
- Combine garlic, onion and rice mixture in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and reheat with the chopped tomato, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
Great garlic soup! The rice really added something to this. We enjoyed it and will make again. Thanks for sharing! :)