- 2 whole garlic heads, separated but not peeled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 chopped tomato (1 cup)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in oil over medium low heat until onion is brown and garlic is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Cool garlic and squeeze out of shells.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in chicken broth for 30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in Basil.
- Combine garlic, onion and rice mixture in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and reheat with the chopped tomato, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste.