Toby Jermain's Note:
My wife and I LOVE garlic, and garlic and shrimp go so well together that I just had to come up with this one; goes great with a tossed salad and crusty French bread. Although Parmesan with shrimp isn't authentic, it goes well with this because of all the garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 -7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for passing on the side
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Mix cornstarch with broth in a small bowl, stir until combined, and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter sizzles.
- 3Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent and begins to brown. Do not let garlic brown.
- 4Add shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Stir and toss until shrimp is cooked through and turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir broth mixture again, and add to pan. Stir to combine, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking until sauce begins to thicken.
- 6Add cooked fettuccine, balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine, and serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese on the side.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Shrimp and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.4 mg
- Sodium 1140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 28.1 g