Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
My wife and I LOVE garlic, and garlic and shrimp go so well together that I just had to come up with this one; goes great with a tossed salad and crusty French bread. Although Parmesan with shrimp isn't authentic, it goes well with this because of all the garlic.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 -7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for passing on the side
- 4 cups hot cooked fettuccine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix cornstarch with broth in a small bowl, stir until combined, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter sizzles.
- Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent and begins to brown. Do not let garlic brown.
- Add shrimp, parsley, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Stir and toss until shrimp is cooked through and turns pink, about 5 minutes.
- Stir broth mixture again, and add to pan. Stir to combine, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add cooked fettuccine, balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine, and serve immediately with additional Parmesan cheese on the side.
The shrimp was good, the noodles weren't. i made shrimp sandwiches with ritz crackers.
We liked this a lot but I think I would add some salt and pepper and a touch more of the cayenne next time. I also wasn't sure when to add the basil so I added it with the shrimp and parsley. I used dried parsley so I used a little less. We all added the extra parmesan cheese! Thanks for a nice dinner!