From Cooking Light August 2008. Chimichurri is a traditional tangy herb sauce from Argentina that's usually paired with grilled meat. Set aside half of the flank steak for Steak Panzanella another night. Note: The sauce makes 4 servings; the steak is 8 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak
- 1For Chimichurri sauce: Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. With processor on, slowly pour oil and 1 tablespoon of water through food chute; process until well blended.
- 2For Steak: Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3Rub steak evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 6 minutes. Turn steak over; cover and grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with Chimichurri sauce.
- 5Serving size = 3 ounces steak and 1 tablespoon sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 354.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g