Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light August 2008. Chimichurri is a traditional tangy herb sauce from Argentina that's usually paired with grilled meat. Set aside half of the flank steak for Steak Panzanella another night. Note: The sauce makes 4 servings; the steak is 8 servings.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, packed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
Garlic-Rubbed Flank Steak
- 2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- For Chimichurri sauce: Place first 7 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely minced. With processor on, slowly pour oil and 1 tablespoon of water through food chute; process until well blended.
- For Steak: Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub steak evenly with salt, pepper, and garlic. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cover and grill 6 minutes. Turn steak over; cover and grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with Chimichurri sauce.
- Serving size = 3 ounces steak and 1 tablespoon sauce.