Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I recently came up with this recipe for our Memorial Day weekend barbecue since we were sick of the same old stuff. It went over extremely well and everyone that was there has demanded the recipe. It's good cooked in the oven, but much better grilled!
- 4 tilapia fillets, whole
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, fresh and grated (sometimes I used an Italian 5-cheese blend instead, which includes parmesan)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the grill or oven to 350°F and spray the baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide the filets into two parts, then rinse with water and pat dry.
- Combine the parmesan cheese, garlic, paprika, parsley, salt, pepper on a large plate.
- On another plate, pour the olive oil.
- Dip the filets in the olive oil, then in the parmesan mixture.
- Optional: let the flavors combine for about 4 hours. If you're taking it to a picnic, just put inside a ziplock bag.
- Place on a baking sheet. For the barbecue, I use non-stick aluminum foil (Reynolds brand works great).
- Bake/grill for about 20 minutes or until opaque in the middle and crispy on the edges. Do not overcook. The fish should be very moist with a crisp bottom and edges. Enjoy!
This was, quick, easy and delicious! I am always looking for new ways to cook fish.
This was really easy to prepare and delicious- I made this along with the Garlic Roasted Potatoes recipe and it was a huge hit. I will definitely be making this again!