Recipe by lauralie41
A very nice vegetarian appetizer that is served warm with assorted crusty breads. Recipes4us.co.uk website is where I found this recipe and it will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 Swap, Britain.
- 75 g butter, 3 ounces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 g button mushrooms, 13 ounces and wiped clean
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, freshly chopped
- bread, assorted crusty style to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add the garlic. Over medium heat saute garlic until soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Turning heat to medium high, add the mushrooms and continue to sauté and stir until softened.
- Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and basil to mushrooms and garlic. Stirring constantly, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Serve immediately with assorted crusty breads.