Recipe by AZPARZYCH
Serve this grilled dinner family-style on a big platter, and let everyone help themselves. You can marinate the chicken up to 30 minutes, if desired. *Cook time does not include marinating the chicken*
Top Review by teresas
I'm not one who really likes my whole meal planned in one recipe...but this sure did work for me...I left the asparagus whole...and after cooking the potatoes in the foil I threw them on the grill to give them some nice markings...we loved the vinaigrette and I plan to use it on my extra asparagus that I have...the chicken was nice and moist...I just cut my breast in half through the center to get cutlets...I like that they cooked up fast...I was really surprised at how easy this was to throw together...I heated some rolls on the grill...and dinner was ready in no time...thanks for posting it...
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby red new potatoes, quartered if large
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grates
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish, if desired
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken cutlets (about 12)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- grilled asparagus, cut on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- coarse salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together vinaigrette ingredients: In a small bowl or jar, combine white-wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey; season generously with coarse salt and ground pepper. Whisk or shake to combine. Add olive oil; whisk or shake again. Store in an airtight container or jar, and refrigerate, up to 2 weeks. Shake before using.
- Heat grill to medium. Fold two 4-foot-long sheets of aluminum foil in half to make two separate double-layer sheets. Place half the potatoes on each double layer. Form two packets, folding foil over potatoes and crimping edges to seal. Place on grill and cook, turning over once, until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat. Leave potatoes wrapped in foil to keep warm. Raise grill to high; lightly oil grates.
- Meanwhile, make marinade: In a large baking dish, whisk together oil, garlic, vinegar, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add chicken; turn several times to coat. Let marinate at room temperature 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes.
- Lift chicken from marinade and grill until browned and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from grill. Cover chicken with foil to keep warm.
- Remove warm potatoes from foil; transfer to a medium bowl, toss with butter, and season with salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, toss asparagus with 2TBS Vinaigrette. Serve the grilled chicken with potatoes and asparagus. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.