1/5 Photos of Garlic, Herb, Orzo and Rice Pliaf
Garlic and fresh herbs flavor this orzo/rice combination pilaf. Vegetable broth may be used for chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaf, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, being careful not to burn.
- 2Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 3Stir in broth and water.
- 4Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. (Add more water as needed if rice and pasta are not done before liquid is absorbed).
- 5Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt.
- 6Serve. Sprinkle some grated Parmesan on top if desired.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic, Herb, Orzo and Rice Pliaf
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g