This is hands-down one of my absolute favorite dishes! You can use a different marinade or dressing if you like, but I love the teriyaki. Also, you can add pineapple chunks, grape tomatoes...the possibilities are endless. If you love garlic as much as I do, you will LOVE cutting into your chicken and getting a great burst of garlic flavor!!! Don't worry about it being overpowering, as the garlic mellows as it cooks. I like to serve this with a rice side dish. YUMMY!!! Cook time will vary depending on your grill.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 small onions, quartered,each quarter cut in half to make eighths
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 10 clove garlic (approximate)
- 59.14-118.29 ml teriyaki marinade (I like Lawry's)
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 5-6 bbq skewers
- Place cut vegetables onto skewers in random order (you may use more or less of any particular veggie; I LOVE the onions!) Brush evenly with teriyaki marinade; sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and set aside.
- Make about 5 slits in each chicken breast and stuff a clove of garlic inside each slit (large cloves cut in half lengthwise).
- Brush chicken with teriyaki marinade and sprinkle both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place vegetables and chicken on foil-covered grill at medium heat; turn every few minutes.
- When veggies are cooked through and a little blackened, remove from grill and brush with additional marinade.
- When chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, remove from grill and brush with additional marinade.