Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is just a little different way to serve your chicken, and if your are anything like me, I'm always looking for another different Chicken Recipe!!
Top Review by rabithabit_1363786
This dish was delicious, but I made some changes .. I had only 2 whole boneless chicken breast so I cut them up into bite size pieces, also sense there was no jarred roasted red peppers on hand I had a couple of bell peppers in the fridge ( 1 red and 1 yellow ) that I coated with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted in my oven on broil for approximately 15 min or til black. I placed them in a papper bag until cool enough to handle then peeled and pured in my food processer along with the onions and garic. I also had no fresh basil so used dried instead .. served over brown rice. Will make again .. but might add a little half and half or whipping cream before serving ..
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cook chicken until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
- Add onion to fat in skillet and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add peppers, sugar, broth, and browned chicken along with any accumulated juices and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medum and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter, and tent with foil. Return skillet to high heat and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk basil and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve.