Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
If you're a big garlic fan, you may want to increase the amout of garlic.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (500 g) box whole wheat bow tie pasta
- feta cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta according to box directions.
- Sauté chicken in oiled saucepan until cooked through.
- In a separate pan, cook onion until lightly browned, then add pepper and continue cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and tomatoes, cover and remove from heat.
- For sauce: Simmer garlic in butter until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower heat, stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, then stir in sour cream and lemon juice, and cook until heated through.
- Mix vegetables, chicken, and sauce with pasta, and top with feta cheese. Voila!
Wonderful recipe! I cooked the chicken in a grill seasoning first and added mushrooms as well. We loved it!
We are a family of garlic-lovers and loved this! I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper but the dish still needed a kick, I would add more salt next time or sprinkle a generous anount of feta cheese to get the salt from that. Overall, great dish that will surely be a regular one in our house!
Love it! Didn't have sour cream so used ranch dressing. Turned out great.