Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This dish smells wonderful while it's cooking. It will bring your family running at dinner time. This may get dry in the crock pot after awhile. So I recommend adding about one or two cups of chicken stock to barely cover the chicken while it cooks.
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- shallot (optional)
- Cut potatoes into chunks and put in crock pot Place chicken on top Mince garlic and sprinkle on top of chicken Mix honey and butter together.
- I recommend you heat the honey a little so it is easy to work with.
- Spread the honey and butter mixture over the chicken.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper on top of all of it.
- Turn crock pot on low and cook for 6-7 hours.
If I could give this 500 stars, I would. DH ate every single bite. His dialysis requires extra protein, so any main course that is safe for his AND that he'll eat is a blessing. I added baby carrots to the potatoes & they were almost carmelized. Simple & scrumptious. THANK you SO much !!
Love the recipe! Mine ended up being Chicken soup. I made my own broth because I didn't have any (1 tbsp butter to 1 cup of water). I added spices to the chicken before I put in the crock pot because I saw in other reviews that chicken was bland. I also added spices to the broth. I did not have honey so I used apples and even they came out deliciously topped on the chicken. Chicken was tender. I added carrots and broccoli because I had it there and my husband loves broccoli. Such a great recipe and was my first time using the crock pot wish I would have taken a picture of it to post here and show my mama. Thank you so much! Loved the recipe!!
This chicken was very tender--but bland. I followed the recipe exactly, I added 1 1/2 cups chicken broth. Something missing.