Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This recipe is adapted from several recipes I've seen on the net. Absolutely decadent! Perfect with fresh pasta or could also be served as an appetizer.
- 1 loaf French bread, split or sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -3 cloves minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Mix mayonnaise and the next six ingredients in a small bowl.
- Spread on the split or sliced french bread and bake in the broiler approximately 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
Don't serve this with dinner because you won't want to eat anything else except more bread. It's like eating garlic bread topped with a melted creamy, cheese and onion dip. Sensational, the topping gets all brown and bubbly and the bread - brown and crunchy. I used some leftover sour cream instead of the half and half and baked it because my broiler is worthless. Denise H I love this recipe.
This bread was delicious! I served it with baked Italian chicken, green beans and a package of chicken flavored noodles. I used a little milk instead of the half-and-half because I didn't have any on hand. I use 3 cloves of garlic and 1 T. dried parsley instead of fresh, but it was still delicious! Fresh basil might have been a nice addition, I will try it next time, but it was delicious as is! It was quick and easy to prepare. I put it under the broiler for about 5 minutes and watched it closely. When the cheese became lightly browned and bubbly, I pulled it out. The bread with hot and still soft, just the way I like it! This bread really made my ordinary dinner special! The kids even loved the bread, so this recipe is a keeper in my book! Thanks!!!
Well, I know that someone else tagged this in our game, but I had to try it too. I really liked it. Next time though, I may try to add a little bit more garlic because I love garlic so much. Nice recipe and a nice change of pace from the typical garlic bread.