Recipe by NM
This is a healthy and yummmmmy salad :D. I love to have it with soup and garlic bread. I sometimes add pasta to this salad. You can add whatever you want! Be creative :)
- 4 cucumbers
- 2 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1⁄2 capsicum, finely cut
- 1 grated carrot
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, finely chopped
- 200 g corn
- 50 g unsalted peanuts
- 5 sprigs fresh coriander
- 6 sprigs of fresh mint
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cucumbers with the peel. Cut in lengthwise in half and then chop into small pieces.
- Boil the potatoes. Don't cook them completely. Remove from boiling water and cool. It peels easily if kept in refrigerator for sometime. Cut into small cubes.
- Cut tomatoes into small squares.
- Cut onion in rings.
- Boil the corn with little salt.
- Roast the peanuts in microwave for 1 minute on high. Rub the peanuts between your palms when cool to remove the cover. Crush the peanuts a little.
- Chop corriander and mint leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients along with capsicum, carrot and cabbage together in a big bowl and keep in fridge.
- Now for the dressing: mix the ingredients and pour over the salad and mix well. Mix the dressing about 20 mins before you serve.