1/3 Photos of Garden Pita Pizza
Found this recipe, when looking for something to do with pita bread. This is a low-fat easy lunch for one, and pretty tasty too. I really like pita bread pizzas. From Fabulous Fat-Free Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup button mushroom, thinly slice
- 1/3 cup zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 fat-free whole wheat pita bread, 6-in diameter
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, slivered
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large pitted black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fat-free parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Place the mushrooms and zucchini in a large no-stick skillet, and coat with no-stick spray.
- 3Cover and cook over med-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to release their juice.
- 4Remove the cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes, or until the mushrooms and zucchini are golden.
- 5Stir in the garlic powder and 2 tbsp tomato sauce. Set aside.
- 6Place the pita bread on a baking sheet. Bake for 1 minute to crisp.
- 7Remove from the oven and spread remaining tomato sauce.
- 8Spoon on mushroom mixture.
- 9Sprinkle the scallions, basil, oregano, olives, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- 10Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garden Pita Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 812.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 13.1 g