Weight Watchers Pita Pizza
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1 large thin pita bread (150 calories)
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper
- 10 small black olives
- 1⁄2 cup kraft fat free mozzarella cheese (other brands don't taste as good and don't melt as KRAFT cheese does)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch pizza seasoning or 1 pinch oregano
- Spread pizza sauce on pita.
- Lay on the vegetables first so it is held together by the cheese. Top with both mozzarella and parmesan cheese and seasoning.
- Spray cooking spray lightly over cheese.
- Set oven on broil and place in oven for 2 minutes or until cheese looks mostly melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was the BEST. I did tweak it a bit. Instead of Pizza Sauce I added sliced tomatoes with basil leaves on large whole wheat pitas brushed with about 1/8 tbs. olive oil.. I then added fresh mushrooms, peppers, black olives, and a small amount of onion before adding a pinch of kosher salt, pepper, and oregano. Finally I topped it with the low fat Mozzarella cheese. It came to just less than 5-points per individual pizza and was the best Pita Pizza we have ever had! (By the way we froze the extra pizzas and they can be reheated in the microwave or preheated oven).
This was just what I needed. I was going to try the WW 2 point dough and make a pizza and I found this recipe. I used Joseph's Pita bread and it was wonderful. I fixed it in the air fryer at 400 for 8 minutes. No need to crisp the pita in the air fryer. It was good and crispy. Smelled and tasted so good! I will be making this again.