Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is a hearty stew full of veggies, turkey and dumplings--a simple stick-to-your-ribs meal.
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained cut up
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onion and celery in butter in Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium high heat until crisp tender. Add turkey, cabbage, tomatoes, beans, broth, water, and salt.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer for 25 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- Place baking mix into a bowl; stir in milk with fork until soft dough forms. Bring stew to a boil over high heat and drop dough by spoonfuls into boiling stew. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve in bowls.