Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I clipped this from a magazine back in the early 80's. This is a great summer salad - or when wishing for summer during the long dreary days of winter. We prefer the broccoli raw, but can cook to your taste preferences.
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) packagekraft mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups tri-color corkscrew macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges or 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine salad dressing, parsley, basil and garlic; mix well.
- Add cheese, broccoli and noodles; mix lightly.
- Arrange tomatoes on platter; top with salad.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
Nice pasta salad. I did cook the broccoli as I was making it specifically with my 12 month old in mind. Broccoli is about the only veg I can get him to eat. Go figure. I added the tomatoes to the salad instead of serving on top of them and I omitted the cheese. We just didn't have any on hand. But I think it would a nice addition.
This pasta salad was just what I was looking for. I loved the broccoli in it and the fresh parsely was wonderful. I also added half of a green pepper for a little more crunch and loved the walnuts, that was a new one for me(having nuts in pasta salad) Everyone in the house loved it, even the kids! Thanks.
this was delicious, I loved the addition of the fresh parsley and dried basil, I used 1 teaspoon garlic powder in place of the fresh, all the flavors in this blend very well together which makes this a 5-star recipe, don't omit the walnuts they add so much extra to this salad, thanks for posting this Cindy it was thoroughly enjoyed by my family today!