Recipe by Aparna Anurag
Gajar Ka Halwa is a sweet dessert pudding associated mainly with the state of Punjab in India.It is traditionally eaten during all of the festivals in India, mainly on the occasion of Diwali,holi,eid,raksha bandhan.The Gajar ka Halwa was first introduced during the Mughal period and the name originates from an Arabic word "Halwa", which means "sweet" and it is made from carrot so that it is known as Gajar ka Halwa (meaning pudding of carrot or Halwa of carrot).
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 cups milk
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon almonds
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
Directions See How It's Made
- 1.Heat the ghee in a big pan ; add the carrots and saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- 2. Add the milk, mix well and cook for 10-15 minute.
- 4. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame until ghee come up,when ghee started floats over halwa stop cooking.
- 6. Add the raisins, almonds and cardamom powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- 7. Serve hot or warm.