Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
my husband saw this on food network and want me to try this out. It is a small noodle with a lite tomato sauce
- 1 lb fusilli
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 1 1/2 pints)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil leaf, torn
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. As the tomatoes cook and soften, smash them with a fork. Continue to cook until the tomatoes make a chunky style sauce, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the tomato sauce to the bowl with the pasta.
- Toss to combine.
- Add the basil leaves and mozzarella. Stir to combine.
- Add the reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, until the pasta is moist. Serve.
This really is fabulous. I have made this recipe many, many times, ever since I saw Giada make it on one of her shows. It's very simple and quick to make, too. Always a hit.
absolutely love it! there is just something about fresh mozzarella and tomatoes that can't be beaten!
I was about to post this recipe myself but found they you already had. I LOVE this dish. It's so simple yet delish. Thanks for saving me the work of having to post it myself.