Recipe by Sydney Mike
Would love to take credit for this great recipe, but it was actually found in Taste of Home New Cake Mix Creations cookbook. The dessert verges on 'decadent!' Preparation time does not include either the time for the cake to cool to room temperature or for the pudding-topped cake to chill in the refrigerator.
Top Review by weekend cooker
Great dessert, though I did adjust a few minor changes.. first I used whole milk instead of non fat, and I left out the hot fudge sauce, and used caramel only. Very moist and flavorful too. A real easy make recipe. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups nonfat milk, cold
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping
- 1⁄4 cup hot fudge topping (as for ice cream)
- 1⁄4 cup caramel topping (as for ice cream)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, & spray 13"x9" glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix & pumpkin, then spread evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- In large bowl, whisk milk & pudding mixes for 2 minutes, then let stand 5 minutes or until soft-set.
- In small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add pudding & beat until well blended.
- Spread over cake, then cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, spread whipped topping over dessert.
- Drizzle with fudge & caramel toppings, & sprinkle with almonds.
- Refrigerate left-overs, if there are any!